Six Gorgeous Maxi Dresses/Abayas I Fall in Love with recently


FashFaith's Picks featuring: Mullani, Inayah, Aab Collection.

Opening year 2013, started with me wondering that I would love to try out wearing more frequently maxi dresses or abayas. Before I wear hijab, I am a 'jeans-tee girl all day long'.. The first time I wore hijab, the jeans or pants were still remain, I just changed the tops, from short-sleeved t-shirt became long-sleeved tunics/blouses/shirts or mini dresses.

I wore skirts or maxi dresses only when I go to the formal events, to the Eid prayers, attending 'pengajian' (Qur'an recitation and preach by Islamic scholars), wedding parties, or to the beaches (I love wearing thin-but not-sheer, lightweight, flowy skirts in the beaches instead of jeans.. of course.. you do, too, don't you?).

I am also an active mom, nurturing two active young boys with me trying to keep up with them. I sometimes ride a bicycle or motorcycle which makes me choosing to wear jeans and pants even more.

But lately, I have a desire to wear skirts and dresses more often. I feel pretty when I wear them :) My appearances look way-more-feminine with skirts or maxi dresses; and with the "right" (comfortable = cool, breathe-y, lightweight) materials, it is felt more easy-breezy and comfort. Yet, I have to remind myself to not move too actively and should be "well-behaved" when I sit or walk.. So, the skirt/dress I wear won't be tangled or hitched to anything.. ;)

Recently, the lovely ladies from Mullani fashion label and Inayah Collection introduced me to their collection. I visited the links they gave to their website, and I directly fall in love with some pieces from their collection.

I also visited Aab Collection's site because I recalled that they also have gorgeous abayas. Aab and Inayah even have abaya collection specialized for maternity.

Here are some gorgeous maxi dresses or abayas I hand-picked that I couldn't resist to fell in love with.. ;)

From Mullani fashion line, I really got into these two stunning dresses! I love the cut, the design, the pleats, how it drapes, the cuffed-sleeves, the buttons, the bow-tie.. everything!

Avril maxi dress

Avril’s details include: mandarin collar with buttons, pintucks, elastic waistband. buttoned cuffs, in seam pockets. 

Material: Crepe de chine, 100% polyester. Price: £135

Leyla - Black maxi dress
Leyla’s transformation is endless.. it changes as you wear the dress with a belt, a sash or simply let it flow. Leyla’s detail include: gathered neckline and sleeves. Sash included. The material is crepe de chine, 100% polyester. Price: £115

Shop Mullani: Mullani.co.uk


From Aab's site, there are two abayas that caught my eyes, the Black Navy Abaya and Charred Coal Abaya..
Aab UK Black Navy Abaya : Standard view
Black Navy Abaya
If you are going for silhouette this season then pick this Black Navy abaya. The stylish high neck wrap over in navy blue and main body in black jersey which simply drapes down beautifully. Simply wear it down to oozes style.

Fabric 100% cotton jersey. Price: £69.99
Aab UK Charred Coal Abaya : Standard view
Charred Coal Abaya
This fabulous coat style Abaya surely can keep you undoubtedly warm yet looking super stylish. Trenches are all the rage this season and this Abaya has all the features of a military catwalk classic!

The fabric is 100% cotton jersey. Price: £139.99. 

These two abayas I picked from Aab Collection are a 'NEW IN' in Aab's site and classified as everyday abayas, classic black, and work wear.

Shop Aab Collection: AabCollection.com


As for Inayah Collection, there is a NEW collection just launched, titled PRECOCIOUS, filled up with stunning and (look) comfortable draper-y tops and maxi dresses.

I've picked two that look stylish, comfort, and unique in cut and design, and also drape beautifully. Here they are:
LATTE ABAYA
Latte Abaya

Latte Abaya, a natural stone color, pleated shirt dress, is a classic piece that can act as your basic everyday wardrobe. Beautifully mixed it with a contrast georgette scarf. This abaya features invisible pockets on both sides of the hips. Fabric 100% linen. Price: £57.95






SOIGNE ABAYA
Soigne Abaya Navy Blue

This stylish essential everyday abaya looks classic and ooze elegance. Try pairing this abaya with printed scarves for a touch of additional character.

This abaya's modest flare also perfect for maternity wear, and the up-front buttons make it suitable for moms who is nursing her baby. Fabric: cotton jersey. Price: £62.95






Below is one look addition that I love from Inayah's Lookbook, featuring the Ruched Abaya.
(Pics are from Inayah Lookbook at their site)

SHOP AT INAYAH HERE


Well, tell me what do you think.. do you love them, too?

Go take a look on those sites, they have so many designs of maxi dresses/abayas, jilbabs, hijabs, outerwear, accessories, etc., perhaps you will find your own dream abaya or maxi dress there.. ;)

Okay then, see you on the next post!



Fashioning Faith's Updates are on Twitter - Facebook - RSS - BlogLovin

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Post