Just a Little Thoughts and Another Daily Outfit

First of all I want to thank to all Fashioning Faith's readers for all their feedback, love, support, and reminders, that keep me motivated to make improvement and to do my best to be better and better each day. I really appreciate that.

Recently, I got an email from one of my readers, Rosi Vela, who said that there were too many posts about luxurious things/clothes on my blog that most of us can't afford to buy. I introspect myself... and I think perhaps it because I wrote too many Chanel or Irna La Perle on my blog... ^_^

I didn't mean at all to encourage my readers to buy luxurious things. My posts about 'luxurious things' such as clothing line from the runway fashion, celebrities or 'whats in style now' were intended to show various styles/designs out there that I love, and these are ONLY for STYLE/DESIGNS INSPIRATION.

I just want to show various possible style that we can adapt to our own style, and show that we can also be 'ourself'... be 'original' in our hijab... :) 

For our daily outfits, we can pick up something we love from the style, and then implement it on our daily style with some 'make over' or 'adaption' to meet/fit our own taste and our own concept/standard of modesty. For example when we want to design/sew our own abaya/dresses, or when we want to mix-match pieces of clothes in our wardrobes.

I'm an ordinary woman too, just like most of you, who can't also afford to buy luxurious things. I just love to see designers' clothing line and people's style on the street... :)

And I agree with what Jana of Hijab Style has said that

‘Fashion’ is not necessarily about what’s ‘hot’, or the latest fad, or having the most expensive designer gear. For me it’s about being creative within my limits, those primarily being price, availability and hijab-appropriateness of clothes. It’s about combining things tastefully and experimenting with fabrics, cuts and colours. It doesn’t have to be ostentatious.
I think it's about build up our own style that is comfort for us with pride and happiness.

Regarding to the email, perhaps I need to try to do more posts that are more 'down to earth', that are closer to our daily life, styles from 'real-life' Muslimahs (I mean not from Runway or Celebs). Perhaps more posts on muslimahs' style on the street or posts about tips/style from my own outfits, and how to mix-match clothes?

But, I do think that I might continue to post article/photos from Runways and Designers, or models on Magazine which I love that can be a source of style inspiration for Muslim women.

Anyway, thank you for the feedback. Hope you can always give your feedback to me... :)

So, today I post about my daily outfit. The piece of clothes that I wore to the wedding party yesterday. In Indonesia, particularly in my city, we usually wear 'Batik' to attend wedding parties or formal occasions. And here I am in my favorite 'vintage' Batik dress from my Grandma with 'wayang' picture on it.

It's an 'original' batik ('Batik Tulis') which means that the picture/patterns on that dress was made/drew by hands (uses a manual wax-resist dyeing), not by computerized printing techniques or machines, and the fabric is 'kain mori' (that is so comfort to wear).

I added an off white belt made of coral stones look-alike and a long earing to spice up the look.


Hi... hii... :) I'm not so confident for doing this. But I hope it would be helpful :)

Note: Wait for my review about Mahi Gown (from iLoveModesty.com) on my next post! :)


"O ye Children of Adam! We have bestowed raiment upon you to cover your shame, as well as to be an adornment to you. But the raiment of righteousness,- that is the best. Such are among the Signs of Allah, that they may receive admonition! (Al Qur'an, Surah 7: 26)




Subscribe to Fashioning Faith
Follow with bloglovin

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Post